HybridZ

260z doors for 240z need help fast!!!!

I post before regarding some deep waves on my 240z i went to the junk yard found a 260z with strait doors and good hatch just wanted to know if they will fill cause im going tomorrow for them.. Im talking the old ones too to check if there the same.. as for the hatch the 240z hatch has waves also i was putting bondo but did not like how it was turning out so i also found the hatch of the 260z great condition... if the doors fit do i take the whole door with glass and all the mechanism or i don't need the glass....i also found a 280zx turbo basterds took the head damn .....OH and there was also a complete 90 supra turbo motor it was the 7m something like that............

thanks................i search but i did not find wat i was looking for in the threads.....

Because of the different door arm rests and door pulls (and different door trim panels), the screw holes for the door arm rests and door pulls are in slightly different locations between the 240Z and the 260Z. (Actually the doors from 1974 through 1976 are the same.)

Just remove the trim panel from the 260Z door and replace it with the 240Z one. Then mark the new locations for the mounting bolts and drill. Use the 6mm threaded “RivetNuts†inserts.

BTW, if added weight is a concern then you should be aware that the 260Z door is noticeably heavier than the 240Z door.

Isn't the striker different 240 vs 260?

Yes. But the early 260z had the same latch as the 240Z, he might be in luck. Just make sure you check that before buying the doors.

Also the rear hatch is different. I believe the hinge positions changed between the 240 and 260, so that something else to check before you buy it.

Grab the zx turbo exhaust manifold if its cheap and sell it to someone in Australia :)

I got up early in the morning got to the junk yard car still there started to look for the latch no luck its was the older model with the lock inside the door but there was another car that i saw went to check it woooooooooooooowhoooooooooooo same as my 240z doors latch....I took the rear hatch with glass and the 2 doors complete with everything went to go pay and i got everything for $111.80......their FVck!ng heavy than the 240z but there straighter than the ones i have which means less body filler .....

thanks folks for the INFO....