HybridZ

Found 300zxt r200clsd,now what?

crazy canuck Z8

I found an r200 clsd with no half shafts,i need to go the cv route with 400+ HP and 150 shot nos.What are my options with the cv's ,i know i can get an adapter from modern moto.I know how long it took me to track down a rear end,i imagine it will be the same looking for the cv shafts.How many different models can i make work,up in Canada the junkyards laugh when i ask for early z stuff. Is there anyone in Washington state that may have some parts?I live a 1/2 hour from the border,i could drive down or ship and pick up ?

I got my CV shafts from Felton's in Snohomish, WA 360-563-9315. They were $130 for the pair, no core charge. It's not right over the border, but maybe they could ship if you can't find the parts locally. I'd suggest as Z-Gad says that you get the 84-89 TURBO CV shafts. Has to be turbo. Then get the adapters from MM and you should be good to go.

Guest 280ZForce
I got my CV shafts from Felton's in Snohomish, WA 360-563-9315. They were $130 for the pair, no core charge. It's not right over the border, but maybe they could ship if you can't find the parts locally. I'd suggest as Z-Gad says that you get the 84-89 TURBO CV shafts. Has to be turbo. Then get the adapters from MM and you should be good to go.

do you have an email address or website for Felton's? I'm looking to get a pair of those z31 turbo CVs as well. Are they rebuilt or used?

Thanks - Justin

Are the 300 zxt cv's a straight bolt in with the adapters or do they have to be shortened.I thought the 300 cv's were longer than the 280's? Thanks alot for the info Jim,does this feltons have alot of z stuff?Also i see the group buy can get the brute lsd for $450 us. 0r i can buy the lsd rearend for $800 Canadian,what would you do ?

The name is Jon, and Feltons has a warehouse full of old Nissans, lots of ZX's and early Z stuff too.

The CV cage has to be flipped on the driver's side. It's not hard to do, but that shortens the CV about 3/8" and that's all you need to do. Search and you'll probably find a bunch of threads on it.

I'd love to know if the Power Brute is the same as the 300ZXT LSD, or if it's the one with more clutches and no spacer. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the Help! What diff should I choose? thread in the drivetrain forum. Anyway, if it is the better LSD, I'd go with the Power Brute. I don't know if it is or not. The other thing you have to consider is the cost of regearing the diff. If you want 3.70s, well then that makes the 300ZXT diff more attractive. If not, then you could probably buy an open diff in the gear ratio of your choice and the Power Brute, but you still have to put the two pieces together.

BTW I moved this to the drivetrain forum, since it has nothing to do with Chevy V8s.

Too bad about Feltons. When I needed them they had them in stock. I just drove over and picked them up. The CVs are newer parts and shouldn't be that hard to find in the JY locally. Have you called around? Looks like the Power Brute is the better deal for you, BTW.