HybridZ

My z progress

denny411

Wel I`ve been making great strides in the completion of the Z. I finished bonding the rear bumper last night and I`m happy to say that it easily supports my body weight (220lbs).

My body guy is confident that we will have the car in primer by the middle of next week, but i still have to shave the rest of the drivers side drip rail.

I will finish the head porting and engine assembly at approx, the same time, and should have the struts sectioned by the end of this weekend.

All I really need now is a rear top strut bushing to finish the Q45 diff,CV swap. So if anyone has a spare please let me know.

I`ve still got some work to do painting the engine bay with idustrial imron, before i can set the engine and trans in for final driveshaft measurement.

I need to have the car running and to the track to win a 200.00 bet with a buddy of mine. last spring he bet that i wouldn`t have the car to the track this year. Well the season for Ohio ends in three weeks, buthe didn`t say what state I had to run in.

I plan to take the car to one of the tracks in kentucky that run thru the last week in Nov. If i run into some unforseen problem I may have to go further south, but would really like to wait for SEZ8 to go that far.

I most likely won`t have the finish paint on or the interior finished before i run it, but he didn`t say the car had to be show ready. it just has to run down the track "this year"

Again, if someone has a spare strut bushing please let me know asap. I can get one from a salvage yard but they won`t split an assemled stut, and shipping would cost quite a bit more. and i only need a small part of it.

I`ll try to get some progress pics posted sometime tomorrow. For now i`m off to the farm to get the combine ready to go for when the ground dries out.

COOL, Yes, I basically need everything from the spring up. The bushing has the three studs on it that attach to the strut tower, and the gland nut on top of the strut holds the bushing on top of the spring.

mine were in excellent condition until I removed the spring to measure strut travel and to doublecheck halfshaft interferance for the Q45 swap.

I made the mistake of moving the car without the spring in place, and it tore the bushing.

let me know if you find one and how much $ for the part and shipping to 45895

Thanks,Denny

Hehe, I was wondering if you remembered who you got those msa bumpers from. Glad your project is coming together. It might be next weekend before I can get that hat, but I'll try to get it Sunday, if possible. Send me your shipping address via pm and I'll get one to you as soon as I can.

I might be able to get some pics of my Q45 front mount. just remember i built it for strength NOT style. I haven`t done any finish grinding or radiused any corners yet.

I can`t remember how long it`s been since I built it. 2 or 3 years maybe?

I do remember that cv joint/bolt clearance with the control arm was an issue,but i resolved that with a grinder. This is another reason i had the spring off the strut.

It was easy to check for interferance. i would rotate the diff while moving the control arm through it`s full range of motion. This insures that nothing will make contact in real world driving situations.

Denny,

I'm going to my friend's place to pick up a spring compressor tomorrow around lunchtime. When I get back home, I'll pull a hat off of a spare set of rear 280 strut assemblies (need to spring compressor to get the hat off) that I have tucked in the corner of my garage. I should be able to send it out to you Monday or Tuesday... just need your address. There's no charge for the part or the shipping.

• Like 1