HybridZ

Will Z06 exhaust manifolds fit?

I know this has been asked before but the only post I found someone was flamed for asking and the answer was simply no but with no explanation. So anyone tried this and can confirm. Trying to save some $ over aftermarket headers if this would work out.

Thanks

Cameron

I am assuming you want to use them for an LS1 swap. Which mounts do you use? I used the stock 98 C5 headers and modify them to work with my swap. They should work with the JCI mounts. More info on my web page. I think the Z06 stock headers are cast iron. Mine are stainless steel.

Nope, the cast iron Z06 manifolds don't fit, nor do the LS1 GTO manifolds, nor do the cast iron LS1 F-body manifolds. Ask me how I know. The 99 LS1 F-body manifolds are made out of formed steel and they fit except for the bottom flanges which can be cut off. I also have a set of Hooker shorty headers for the LS1 F-body that almost fit. The just touch the steering column, even with the engine moved to the right by 5/8". Hopefully the exhaust guy will be able to rework them to fit. (My engine mounts are copied from the Jeromio style, so make your own guess about other mounts.)

Bummer on the Z06 manifold as they look real nice and seem pretty cheap on e-bay. This is in regards to an '02 LS1 into a '72 240 and I'm most likely going to build my own mounts. I've also read in an old post that the f-body manifold will work if you re-orient the O2 sensor bung so that counters what's stated above? Also read that the C5 manifolds dont work which again counters what's been said so far. More I read the more conflicting info I run across. So what headers / manifolds other than JCI and JTR are people using? More I read the more confused I get because people tend to leave out key things like which year manifold or which brand 'shorty' header etc. Sad thing is I'm just getting started and already a little lost in poor and conflicting data.

Cameron

My mount is like Jeromio's mount also and I am using the stock 98 C5 headers. Trust me these headers are good stuffs. You have to modify these headers for them to fit. They might not work with the JCI mounts because of the driver side might rub the steering shaft. GL.

Vinh

PS. here are couple of pix.

2079260_55_full.jpg

2079260_36_full.jpg