HybridZ

A small introduction

Big Z

Hello all,

First of all I have to say that this is a great Zcar forum and I got nice information about modifying, maintaining and repairing the Datsun Z cars.

I’m 24 yo from the Netherlands and just graduate from school as an maritime officer to work as a 2nd mate or engineer. At the moment I’m working ashore because of the projects that I have to finish at home. One of the project is a Fiat 500 Giannini replica that have to get some new paint and a complete build up which I hope to do everything myself. The other project is my 240z racer that was imported from Switzerland and is in need of a total restoration, this car is in need of new frame rails and floor pans, the roof has a sunroof witch I don’t like (I bought a second roof skin) there are some steel sideskirts mounted witch have to be removed and the rear fenders need to be repaired. The main plan is to mount composite fenders and headlight buckets, hatch and some perspex windows to reduce the weight of the car, the engine will be an euro spec L28ET with Megasquirt electronic injection and a Holset turbo or kkk k28 turbo (also dreaming about a RB or 2JZ swap, only a slight problem $$$$!!!).

I hope to compete in the local drag race league we have here in Holland, and also do some track days on the circuits.

I also have a daily drive 240z which had a L26 engine, and then bought a badly rusted 280zx turbo and put the engine and electronic in my 240z, I made my own 3†down pipe and fit a manual boost controller. I did some runs on the dragstrip and my best time was a 14.353 @ 97 mph. This was on 10psi boost and the car made a big impression on the people because these cars are not so well known with younger people (got respect from the wrx scoobies btw :D).

Last thing I have to say is that this is the right place for my goals and enjoy reading the threads about the Zcars.

Thanks

Rick aka Big Z

Thanks all.

I will soon upload some pictures in my album, where you can see my projects. I'm driving very stock now, but my plan is to put on a bigger turbo, because the T3 is making some funny noises like compressor touching the house. Also I want to order megasquirt for tuning and a bigger fuel return line, because the words "fuel economy" is something my Z never has heard of :D

I'll post some dyno sheets of my resent run on an Dyno Dynamic in a new thread in the turbo section (will be an nice thread about difference between US spec and Euro spec turbo etc).