HybridZ

To break or not to break... (Semi Z related Rant)

Datsun350Z

My buddy's legs are the question.

The 240z hasn't made much progress lately...

I gave my friend a set of 18" rims (Brand new only 20 miles on them)for his civic with the condition that he:

1.) Finish the bodywork on my Z. (Mold the wide front fenders, and finish paint prep on it)

2.) Give me $400 for the wheels as soon as he can. (I cut 200 off what I was going to sell them for, and $600 off what they cost me)

So far I riveted the fenders on, and he slapped some long hair fiberglass on one of them, hasn't sanded it or anything yet.

And I have $0 from him... Now it's 4 weeks later i'm getting upset.

The original deal was that he do the bodywork for me, and when it was done he could have the wheels (as I knew this is what would happen).

using the bodywork as a sort of downpayment for the wheels.

He took the wheels from my house without me knowing, and later said he "misunderstood" me, even though I made it perfectly clear he was ok to take the AFTER the bodywork was complete.

I let that slide, as he was driving on a spare that was showing threads, but now i'm wishing I didn't because he hasn't touched the car since the wheels left my house.

I know a $200 discount is cheap for the bodywork, but he was animate about the fact that he would do it for free for me before he needed wheels, then when he needed wheels so he wouldn't crash and burn I decided I should chop some $ off my bottom end on the wheels for him, and give him time to pay it.

Solutions?

Comments?

Scott.jpg

Edit: Picture of offender added.