HybridZ

im smoking

roninjiro

got plugs and drove few more miles, doesnt smoke while drivining the car, but does at idle occasionally, would have driven it more, but the most stupidest thing on my part happened! i never tightend the oil pan plug, so my z out of nowhere was engulfed in smoke, i pulled to the next street and checked under the car, huge pool of oil and a long trail of oil behind me. anyhow got another plug and refilled oil and drove home.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive filled a 69 429 and started it with no oil plug after filling the drive way with 4 quarts of oil:icon11: bug must of left plug loose smoke everyware, oil cooler broke on that bug year later,,,, really smokey, over filled oil bath, thinking more is better,,, fast corner lots of smoke, melted a corner of a piston in dessert of california, lots of smoke for 600 more miles to san diego had to tail gate semi trucks just to do 55!! My brother put forged pistons in b16a but he had the cyls roughen alot for break in melted ring lans 100 miles later....ps intake is actually hoter than exught that is neew news to me.... any how the list contiues,,,,,,,,by the way kid the engine have any oil additive before the rebuild ive herad that honeing sometime wont work properly due to bonding deep into the metal?:icon52: Anyhow now i look back now and thay are all extreamly great stories, not so much at the time but pricless now!