HybridZ

Any one know what size and thread these are

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Guest Aguyandaredhead

I am going to replace all the body bolts so that when the painter gets the panels together he will have all the right ones. I need to know (I am not at home where I can check these) what size 6mm-8mm ect. and the thread pitch the bolts just under the hood lid that holds the fenders on as well as the 2 on each side under the cowl that hold the top of the fender to the body back by the A-pillar. Also there are 2 bolts on each side down at the bottom of the back of the fender I need the size on those as well.

Any help would be great I was wanting to go buy them today if possible I am going to replace them all with allen bolts.

Thanks

Jeff

If you got a decent fastener store in the area just buy 10 or 15 each of what you want they arean't that expensive. Japs use ISO standard. Get 25 mm length probably work everywhere. Cut em off if too long. DIN standard actually the same but the m8 bolt has a 13mm hex. Hardware store prices much higher than if you go somewhere they specialize in fasterners.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

I realize they are a mix of 6mm 8mm ect., however I am going to a specialty bolt and i do not want to end up with extras.

I will be buying them at a fastner place here locally I just would like to be as efficent as possible.

Jeff

Nissan used course thread pitch on the fender attachment bolts, which means a 6mm diameter bolt will have a “pitch†of 1.00mm, and an 8mm diameter bolt will have a “pitch†of 1.25mm.

The term “pitch†is not really applicable with regards to metric fasteners. Pitch for SAE hardware is specified in “threads per inch†so a bolt with a pitch of 24 has finer threads than a pitch of 18. Whereas for metric bolts the number used is the actual dimension between the threads. As a result a metric bolt with a thread spacing of 1.00mm will have finer threads than one with a rating of 1.25mm.

Most of the non-critical bolts on the Z car will have course threads. One exception is the bumper attachment bolts which have fine threads. Most of the critical bolts (suspension, brake mount, etc.) will use fine threaded bolts.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Thanks for the info, I had forgotten about the 1.0 and 1.25 measurments. But ou are correct. I picked some up and I think I am good to go.

Jeff