HybridZ

First Quiet ride

Just drove my ZX back from the muffler shop last night, I can now "hear" what the car is doing. Car runs great, with just half throttle it churps the tires with each shift of the 700r4, no drive line noise. With some back pressure the motor idles better and has a bit more low end thottle response. I had a mandrel bent 2 1/2 single Flowmaster muffler system installed, wanted it simple and light, this is a Sunday driver for me. Funny how money can "talk", spoke with the shop owner Monday morning and told him I would pay cash and didn't need a bill, he called me at 3 pm and the car was ready, same day service. Now all I have to do is figure a way to quiet down that Holley Blue pump.

Just drove my ZX back from the muffler shop last night, I can now "hear" what the car is doing. Car runs great, with just half throttle it churps the tires with each shift of the 700r4, no drive line noise. With some back pressure the motor idles better and has a bit more low end thottle response. I had a mandrel bent 2 1/2 single Flowmaster muffler system installed, wanted it simple and light, this is a Sunday driver for me. Funny how money can "talk", spoke with the shop owner Monday morning and told him I would pay cash and didn't need a bill, he called me at 3 pm and the car was ready, same day service. Now all I have to do is figure a way to quiet down that Holley Blue pump.

was it header back? how much did it cost?

"...quiet down that Holley Blue pump."

Try mounting it to a piece of treated 2x4 with large soft rubber bushings everywhere. It's not pretty but it should help tone down those whiny vibrations.

EDIT: You could also try suspending it with fuel-safe rubber straps... just make sure it's in a protected location and check it often for condtion of the straps.

I had Holley blue pump. Rubber mounted which ever way and it still made way too much noise. If you can spare the cash switch to Mallory Comp 110. Makes a tenth of the noise and no regulator required. It's so quiet rubber mounting is almost not needed. Probobly perfect for your setup. Thats my experience anyways.

Thanks for the advice on the Holley Pump, it's mounted in the same location as the stock fuel pump was, only the holley mounts vertical and is a little close to the pass. side half shaft, I'll figure out something if not I'll try the Mallory.