HybridZ

Interesting Oil Pressure Experience

eec564

So, I just changed my oil, and for the first 15mins of driving, my pressure was higher then usual. The background: After buying the car, I changed the oil and put in 10W-30 full synthetic with a POS fram filter to try and clear some gunk out of the car as it wasn't driven often. Oil pressure was 15-20psi according to the stock gauge at idle, and 40-45psi cruising. After a few thousand miles, I changed the oil and put in 10W-40 dino juice, with another POS bosch filter.

For the first 15-20 mins of driving after the change, my pressure was a solid 30psi at idle, and 60psi cruising. After putting somewhere around 20-30 miles on it, my pressure went back down to 18-20 at idle and 45-46 cruising, which seems normal to me.

I don't think there's anything wrong, I'm just not sure why that happened. Anyone else ever have this happen? I'm just curious.

-Eric

Nope, level is perfect. Drove 300 miles in the last two days right after changing the oil and it's exactly where it should be, unchanged since I filled it. Just odd that oil pressure would be high for a while then settle down to where I'd expect it to be.