HybridZ

Tecnical Schools

KTM-EXC

I am now a Junior in high school and have recently started an automotive vocational program. Within the next two years I will be going off to some type of technical school. My preference is UTI or maybe even Ohio Tech College. I am very interested in the BMW STEP program; I like the idea of getting out of school and going right to work on BMW's. I know they very selective of who gets to go into the program, which is something I am a little worried about.

I just figured with all the members on this site there has got to be at least a few people who have gone through any of these courses or anything similar.

I know for a fact that a few members here have attended UTI, so just wondering what you though about the school and it’s courses.

And advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Rob

As a BMW tech, I can tell you one thing, IF you can get in the BMW program, (do all it takes) you'll be set for a life time + you'll be milles ahead of any guy like me who get to BMW thinking that they know alot about electronics.

At BMW they invest in YOU, spotting your skills and developping them to there

fullest so, it's an always learning experience and IF you ever decide to go work elsewhere you'll know a great deal about electronic malfunctions.

It's a great bet for your futur cause the cars are getting more & more sofisticated and so are the people who work on them.

Good luck.

Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me. Thats the exact advice I was looking for. And those were my thoughts exactly, Ill be making decent money right of school and plus your generally working on nice newer cars. I would never have to worry about finding a job, because if they invest all that money into somone they are going to make sure that they are working.

Thanks again

Rob