HybridZ

Need help fabricating gauge cluster

cpt jack

Hey all i own a 280zx and the carpet in the back is donezo so i was thinking of puttin wood in tha back and keep the carpet in the front.... another thing is i would also like to make a custome place to hold gadges and switches for a E-fan, E-waterpump, Fuel Cut off, Fog Lights, and yea... a place to mount my radio as well... does anyone have pix of that thing where the radio sits mine is all messed up after someone stole the stock radio... so yea please help...

Who the hell would steal the stock radio?

I'll post some pics of stuff I've done when I get home to my car, but;

I have a voltmeter in the place of the passegner side cig lighter

I have a rectangular a/f ratio gauge where the ashtray is

I have switches mounted under my steering wheel

Who the hell would steal the stock radio?

I'll post some pics of stuff I've done when I get home to my car, but;

I have a voltmeter in the place of the passegner side cig lighter

I have a rectangular a/f ratio gauge where the ashtray is

I have switches mounted under my steering wheel

yea if u could post some pix that be great....

bought mine from a friend, but both he and another of my buddies got them on ebay, i think this is one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MODUTEC-DIGITAL-LED-PANEL-METER-AMP-VOLTMETER_W0QQitemZ190042244467QQihZ009QQcategoryZ73158QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

then i just dremeled and epoxied it in there, sanded it, and painted it. it will read 0-5 volts or something, but i programmed my LC-1 (wideband) to put out 1 volt at 10:1 afr and 2 volts at 20:1 afr, and my friend had his voltmeter (the one i bought from him) set to read in tenths of a volt, so a 14.7 afr into my lc-1 comes out as 1.47 volts, which reads as 14.7 "decivolts" on my voltmeter.

Speaking of overpriced...my friend and I stopped by a used car dealer affiliated with BMW. They had a beautiful 2005 M3 in the showroom used with about 12K miles on it. It was white, 6sp manual, had black wheels, a custom trunklid, and stick-on carbon fiber layer (stickers) on the front lip. He wanted $65,000!! I questioned his logic. His argument was the black powder coated wheels, the custom trunk lid, and the carbon lip made it rare.

Just because it's custom does not always make it worth big bucks. Same applies to that ZX.

LOL.