HybridZ

To rewire or not??

Z-Noob

I am dissassembling my Z in order to get it media blasted and epoxy primerd. My question is whether I should rewire the Z with the stock wiring harness or go with a painless wiring kit? The plans are to install a ls2/t56 so I wouldnt need lots of the crap in the engine bay. This will be a good weather car only so I would only need to retain the basic electrical to keep it legal...Looking for advice...

PS I already searched and most posts are in regards to the install itself..

Thanks

WAY WORTH THE EFFORT

look at EZ-Wire on ebay, and get a good kit with some spare circuits for things you might add to your car (yu dont have to run wires for them until you need them.

i find that making a separate circuit for each accessory in the car is a little better, so that you can single out the fuse that is blowing, or electrical problems,... but that's just me.

i would do it if you're oging that far.

infact ive convinced my friend to do it on his too.

I have removed the drivetrain, seats, carpet and engine harness - and working my way back to the taillights. I want to clean up the engine bay and the entire car for that matter. I read just about all the posts on the EZ wiring and went to there website, read the posts on Painless and I have there catalog. I decided to buy the Summit GM Harness, it is in the middle of the road as far as price goes. I am swapping a LS1/4L60E with Twist machine paddleshifters so I do not want issues with electric gremlins, alternator/fusible links like I had with the inline 6 !!!! I am re-wiring !!!!

i have rewired several cars.

if i remember correctly, the stock harness vs.a new harness with relays for all major systems will save you almost 30 lbs.(on a 75-78) and everything will work better, faster, brighter and more efficiently.

just remember to make your own wiring diagram as you go.

repairs later without it can cause severe headaches.