HybridZ

What are the real benefits of a N-42 Intake

JSM

I know this is the more desired intake because of the lack of EGR. But if you find a 76, can’t you cut it off weld a block plate to where it was?

Does the 75 flow that much better than the others? Is this because of the disruption caused by the EGR to the air flow? Are the runner’s bigger inside?

Do the turbo intakes have larger inside runner's?

What is wrong w/having webbing in the later models? This was put here to keep heat down correct? I would think this would be a huge advantage over the open webbing? Even w/ the heat sheild.

Just trying to figure out the real significance. I don't want to jump of the bridge just because everyone else is.

• Administrators

If you're after performance, none of the stock manifolds are optimal.

Ponder this... with a quality valve job, including porting the surrounding area (bowl, unshrouding, etc) the valve could theoretically flow 80% (or thereabouts) its area. An N42's port area is only 53%!

• Administrators
So who makes a proven, reliable intake at a resonable price?

Your third request doesn't fit the first two :wink:

There are aftermarket manifold/throttle manufactures that produce proven, reliable intakes... but not cheap. TWM and Electromotive are the first two to come to mind (they may even be the same?).

Lonewolf offers one at a fair price, but I don't know how PROVEN it is. Maybe do a search?

I'm in the process of building a couple that I expect to work well, but they will NOT be cheap.

There are others. None that meet all three of your requirements (that I'm aware of). If you find me mistaken, please post your findings.