HybridZ

Nos on Carburated

Guest fico

so im thinking that i might want to put my NOS kit on my stock 240z the kit is a wet fogger kit for fule injected, so i dont know how well it works on the 240z's stock engine...i dont know much about carburated engines and i probably even posted this in the wrong forum so yeah idk any help would be sweet...btw im just thinking of a 50 shot

yes it is...just a little nossle that is stuck into the intake pipe....but thats for Fule injected...i have no clue how to work with carburators...none what so ever...i mean i get how they work kinda but thats about it....

Um. if its for EFI then it prolly runs off the TPS to activate it. Just off the top of my head, it shoudl work if you can get the activation figured out. Also, where would you put the fogger? The 240 has 2 seperate intake runners. So in theory, you would need at least 2 foggers or run the 1 in your aircleaner box( not sure how well that would work).

food for though

yeah its just a switch on the tps so i can rout it anywhere i need to but yeah...i have 2 nitros selenoids id just need to split the line but i dont knw where i put it into the carb

NO! Do not just put it on to your engine and try to run it. The system you have for a fuel injected car expects around 48psi on the fuel system for when it injects the extra fuel to go with the NOS. The fuel system for carbs is around 4psi. You will need a second fuel pump and fuel system to provide the proper pressure to the NOS fuel system so the car dosen't lean out when you add NOS. Check out http://www.robietherobot.com/nitrous/index.htm to see what jet sizes you'll need at different fuel pressures so you don't run lean. I'm not completely sure how accurate it is when you enter extremely low fuel pressures, so a little common sence will be needed there. Also, even if using the stock fuel system at 4psi with a larger nozzle for fuel, the existing pump may not be able to keep up with the volume needed, even at the lowe pressure. fico is also right, you do need a switch to only activate the system (after it's armed) when you are at WOT (wide open throttle). For your car, that would simply be a microswitch somewhere on the throttle linkage calibrated to engage at the very spot where you have the gas pedal pushed all the way to the floor.

The Wallbro (sp?) pump, right? Yea, you could use that, but you'd need a COMPELETELY seperate fuel system for the high pressure NOS. If you swap pumps, the high pressure will destroy your carbs. You will also need a fuel pressure regulator, one that is continous flow, not dead head. Basically, you're having to add all the pieces the NO2 system would normally tap into, that a fuel injected car would already have. Not a big deal, just a fair amount of work and a lot of attention to detail. Never take any chances when working with fuel, a 40+ PSI gas fed fire will more then ruin your day.

Another possibility would be to use fuel jet sizes ment for carb fuel pressures, providing you are 110% certain that your fuel pump can keep up with the added demand. You can never go wrong with using a wide band O2 sensor to make sure you aren't running lean. Also, remember that you also may need to retard your spark when on NOS to an extent that would not work with regular driving. If you know what to listen for, check out this http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/article.html?&A=0353 and also possibally part 1 here http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/article.html?&A=0348