HybridZ

Brake hardline question

Well in in the process of changing my M/C to the 15/16 and new KVR pads for the 4x4's and shoes for the rear. My Brother was helping me and het put the jackstands on the framerail and it kinked my hardline (dont ask).

well I think its about time I change them anyway, at least the front ones.

I'm thinking of bending the FRONT hardline from the M/C to the stock proportioning valve, Then bending 2 new lines from the valve to LF and RF.

My question is:

If its possible, Can I use a larger diameter hard brake line?

I'm thinking that the larger the line the more volume of brake fluid can pass through the line and into the calipers. However, i'm also thinking that the increase in volume will decrease pressure resulting in softer pedal.

Has anyone tried this, or have some experience with playing w/ lines?

also, im very unfamiliar with lines, what is the size of the stock hard lines, and what is the size of the stock threads on the ends of the lines?

Thanks in advance.

The size of the line will not change the volume of fluid going to the calipers. The MC is the same diameter. This controls the amount of fluid being moved.

Use the same diameter lines, just replace the one that was damaged. Be sure to use a double flair tool if you have to cut the line to length and reflair.

i just re-did all the lines on my z for my wilwoods and noone suggests upgrading to larger lines. and i dont think there is a proportioning vlave in the front, only in the rear before the splitter block above the diff. the front brakes (right and left side) each have thier own line from the master cyl...correct me if im wrong