HybridZ

302 Turbo 240Z

Z24O

Greetings from downunder

Just about finished collecting parts for the turbo conversion of a 302 windsor in my "z"

motor is not standard(alloy heads,roller cam/rockers,o-ringed block,forged pistons 8.5:1,crank girdle)and looking for 500-550HP

looking for suggestions re turbo size,i've done a search and most guys are using PT76 turbos....i was wondering about either a garrett GT35/82r or a TO4Z with a .84 turbine housing

which turbine size for rapid/low rev spool-up(have 50mm wastegate)??

what difference in spool-up am i likely to notice going to a dual ball bearing rather than plain bearing turbo??

i will be running an auto(have 5 speed atm)

looking for good low rev torque/spool-up as long as i will be able to get traction(running 3.54:1 quaife 'lsd' diff with 15"x215 60 series tires,std suspension)

thanks guys

... i will be able to get traction(running 3.54:1 quaife 'lsd' diff with 15"x215 60 series tires,std suspension)

Is this a typo? 215 tires behind a N/A 302 could be boiled off in no time. Did you mean 315?

I can't help with the turbo questions, but I like your idea. When you can, would you provide more info on the set-up and parts?

g'day terry

you sent me the 280zxt halfshafts via ebay

no typo on the tyres,looking for the sleeper look,these tyres don't do too bad behind the current boss 302na 5 speed for traction...more a matter of feathering the throttle/clutch in the first 2 gears

the turbo motor is more serious,hence the auto trans(C4 or AOD...not sure yet) and that's why the turbo selection will be crucial,needs to deliver even power from low down rather than come on with a rush higher up and blow the traction away

here's a pic of the car as is....black one is my 240Z with RB30Turbo

regards

paul

WA

1532_thumb.attach

RB30ET-005_thumb.gif