HybridZ

Ford 302, L6, and SR20DET weights

rudypoochris

Does anyone know first hand, or have a link to a reliable source for these engine weights? I see the Ford 302 weighing 405lbs if it is a GT40 alluminum head, and the SR20DET at 490lbs "complete", the L6 no clue. I would like to know alot what the weights are as well as what is on the engine with that descrived wieght. I searched alot, but just found uncomprehensive or unreliable results. Thanks.

Does anyone know first hand, or have a link to a reliable source for these engine weights? I see the Ford 302 weighing 405lbs if it is a GT40 alluminum head, and the SR20DET at 490lbs "complete", the L6 no clue. I would like to know alot what the weights are as well as what is on the engine with that descrived wieght. I searched alot, but just found uncomprehensive or unreliable results. Thanks.

I shipped the pinks longblock, minus intake, exhaust, turbo, flywheel, clutch and it weighed 315lb including the pallet. My guess is with everything it would be around 400lb, but there is has been several threads on this subject already. Did you try searching a few different key words?

The 405 pound weight would be with aluminum heads, and most likely without the flywheel. My 302 weighed just under 400 pounds, but that was with an aluminum flywheel (no clutch), and aluminum everything else except shortblock and pan. I even think it had the headers on when I weighed it.

When I compared the weights of the 302 and the L24 at the swap, I found (comparably equiped with aluminum heads, but with the SBF using an aluminum flywheel as compared to the L24 steel flywheel), that the L24 weighed close to 45 pounds more than the SBF.

When I compared the weights of the 302 and the L24 at the swap, I found (comparably equiped with aluminum heads, but with the SBF using an aluminum flywheel as compared to the L24 steel flywheel), that the L24 weighed close to 45 pounds more than the SBF.

Thanks, thats a pretty good comparison. I like it when details are included. I would call the two motors probably about the same weight if the 302 was iron headed... did they sell iron headed L series?