HybridZ

gauges speedo help

JimR

My question is how do you remove the center dash gauges on my 77 280z and the speedo cable. do you have to remove the dash? or can you get under the dash? I want to install a datsun to chevy speedo cable. thanks any help would be appreciated:burnout:

Jim: my car is a 77. I think you might be able to disconnect the speedo cable without removing the dash, it's tough though. But, removing the dash is easier then you think. You can unbolt the column from the pedal bracket and just let it hang down, still attached at the firewall. Last time I did it, my center console was already out but it took less then an hour.

Drop the steering column by removing the 2 bolts at the bracket, this gives you alittle more cleareance. the tach and speedo are attached with 2 screws each, one thru the face plate at the top and 1 on a bracket under the dash, pull the tach out fowards and then you can stick your hand thru the tach hole and remove the speedo cable and the speedo!