HybridZ

2004 LS2 GTO.....OneFastCar!!!

Yesterday, I got to ride in the fastest car I have ever been in. That LS2 engine is one SWEET Engine!!! Damn.

Mods: Magna Charger with 6PSI boost

Long tube headers

3" Duel Exhaust CB System

Dyno Tunning

That is it!

I was told that the engine was putting out over 500 HP - No Bull. On a back flat country road we went from a stop to 142MPH before slowing her down!!!! I can't believe how fast we got up to 142. The braking was very impressive too. I was told the car would go to 155 before the acceleration would taper off. 142 was plenty fast for me and the car was so stable at that speed!

Danno74Z

04 GTO's were LS1's, so it must of been a 05.

When I went to dynotune the LS2 Z there was a 04 with a magna charger putting 451 whp with the final tune.When the tuner drove my car,He said The Z felt way faster than that GTO!

Can't wait to go to the track and get some times!!

All,

I was wrong with the year it was indeed a 2005 GTO w/the LS2 engine. I still can't believe how fast that car is at 3800 lbs.

John, yes he runs at Bandimere but with his OTHER 1970 GT0 and his wife has a beautiful Chevelle with a 502 in it. He took out the 455 or 454 and made a 502 engine - this is my new boss mind you - all right. When I told him about my project with the LT1 he just smiled and said that will be a fast car.

Danno74Z

Guest Crispy Chicken

The first time I saw a new GTO driving down the road. I thought it was a new 2 door honda accord. I figured they made them a little bigger or something. I thought this for a little while until a friend at work got one and I saw what it was.. Moves pretty good for a stock car...

Derek

All,

I was wrong with the year it was indeed a 2005 GTO w/the LS2 engine. I still can't believe how fast that car is at 3800 lbs.

John, yes he runs at Bandimere but with his OTHER 1970 GT0 and his wife has a beautiful Chevelle with a 502 in it. He took out the 455 or 454 and made a 502 engine - this is my new boss mind you - all right. When I told him about my project with the LT1 he just smiled and said that will be a fast car.

Danno74Z

4 speed M22 Judge, kind of a goldish color? I've met a few of the GTO guys at the Ft Collins Sonic meets in Loveland, Bandimere track days. They're a dedicated group of enthusiasts. BTW Congrats on having a new boss!