HybridZ

CV axle ends wont sit flush on MM adapters

briann510

Is that the 280ZXT setup? Or the 300ZT?

John

Its the 280zxt setup.

I dont think this setup im suppose to remove those gold end plates (which would solve the problem)otherwise the grease in there is gonna leak out and the spring would then rest on the stub end and nut instead of the extended center spring recess in existing end or i could machine a flat plate instead, but it should needall that as I think it suppose to be bolt on with no mickey mousing around.

Allright! here is the quote from the other thread "The sheet metal grease cover on the 300ZX CV axle has a smaller dimple than the 280ZX Turbo CV axle. This dimple houses the pre-load spring. The smaller dimple cover can be used on the 280ZX axles and this makes them easier to install on the earlier Z cars."

I can't remember ever hearing of that problem before, so maybe it's not that common. Then again maybe I wasn't paying attention. My other thought is: Did you try the BFH method? Is there a reason why you can't just beat in the end of the cap a bit?

The nipple sticks out 1.00" from the edge of the end plate and im just too long by about .25 inch.

Also do all year 300zx cv end plates have the same end plate 6 hole pattern as the ZXT's?

The 300ZX NA plates are 6 hole. The 300ZXT plates are 4 hole and a much smaller diameter. Pics in the "What diff should I choose?" sticky thread.

Ive been looking at 300zx na cv shaft pictures but cant find any that seem to have 6 bolt strut side configurations or there just arent any pitures of any out there.

Just went to the dealer and the end plate from a 300zx is not available at all. Made half a dozen phone calls and no one has any axles they are going to pull the end plate off of (why ruin a good set of axles).

Ross just contacted me and said the tin end projection should easily crush when I start tightening all the bolts and will be fine. I guess its the same idea as using the BFH. LOL