HybridZ

My New (rear) Wheels!

Is there any steel flares available i dont like fiberclass and steel together as i live in a cold climate. I like the subtle z rearfenders and have been thinking it could be done with a replacement steel fender.

quote:

Originally posted by z ya:

Do you have to fiberglass those things in to

look like his? Or do they just bolt up????

You have to rivet/bond, fill, sand, paint, etc. Definitely only a job for someone with good body-working skills. The inner fender has to be cut and fiberglassed to the new flares as well.

My rear flairs are hand made from steel. That is about all I know as they came on the car when I got them. The guy had them done in Dallas with no fillers used... the funny thing is when done it was as if the guy knew just where to stop because when I did a test with my aero kit, it looks like a perfect fit on both the side rails and rear lower valance... Now I just have to find a way to add a second hole for the other tail pipe in the urethane piece... LOL

I might just find a great custom body shop to use it as a mold to make one out of steel with a nice horz oval for me... I really don't want to test the 200 MPH 3M tape they give you to hold in on with... ROTFLMAO

Z U V8ter

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tom, its just your basic 2.5 inch coil-over components that allowed me to get more backspacing. I've added a couple of more pictures to the link:

Cobra Wheels Install

That show how I checked for clearance with a cardboard template before I actually had the spacers machined. This was done with the bottom spring perch lowered all the way. I run them a bit higher which gives more clearance.

Guest tom sixbey

hey paul - thanks for the reply man - i hate to pester this, but i really dont know what coilover kits are available for the zcar. can you tell me where to look?

also, did you have to modify your shock towers at all?

thanks for the info, and the extra pictures...