HybridZ

gas fumes. HELP

gjc5500

I SEARCHED already and found nothing.

When i fill up my tank I get pretty bad gas fumes in the car for about 2-3 days. I need to change my hatch seals, but i dont think thats where the smell is comming from. I did a sonic leak test and the only hole was on the driver side, but the smell is on the passenger side. I dont know where to start looking for vent lines.

• 2 weeks later...
I SEARCHED already and found nothing.

When i fill up my tank I get pretty bad gas fumes in the car for about 2-3 days.

1. Try different terms, I found some very good posts on vent lines. I think yours are similar to mine, but you really will find good posts on this with diagrams and everything.

I took off my inside panels and replaced all the hoses. It still smells after I park the car, and if I stick my nose near the right rear panel, I still get a whiff of gas, but it's not as bad. I want to remove the canister and all lines from the inside of the car, I also want a bigger tank, I might go fuel cell if I can figure out how to run a pipe to fill from the original hole and without running lines thru the car. Porbably not easy.

I read where someone removed all the tubes and just ran the lines to eachother and it was ok. You have to be careful because if you plug the lines at the tank you'll only be able to fill the tank 7-10 gallons. Try another search, the search doesn't work sometimes I noticed.