HybridZ

Turbo Exhaust Housing HELP

Guest 280zxt-83

Guest 280zxt-83

I've removed my turbo this weekend and had a turbo set up that a friend had offered to give me. Well we needed to take the Turbo Exhaust Housing from the one we took off the car to use on the donor. All 5 bolts snapped and now I either have to get a used housing or get the studs out of the housing. Where could I get this Turbo Exhaust Housing? Or where can I take the old one to have the studs removed. DOES ANYONE HAVE A STOCK TURBO SETUP THEY WANT TO SELL CHEAP!!!

Thanks

I tried to get the bolts out of a stock t3 exhaust housing with similar results. Even being very careful and using gallons of Parts Blaster and heating each stud and the surrounding cast red-hot, I broke off all but one.

Good luck trying to get someone to take the broken studs out. It's just too much of a pain for most people to deal with. You'll likely have to buy a different housing.

Aside from the obvious issues you're having, there's the bigger question of what type of compressor/bearing sections are you trying to adapt to the stock t3 turbine housing? Which turbine wheel are you planning to use? Are you sure it will all fit together properly and yield a/r ratios that are favorable for an l28? The whole works may also need to be profesionally balanced, but I'm not sure about that.

you can remove the broken studs easily with a torch. Concentrate all of the heat onto the bolt, then when it gets hot enough to cut, blast it with the O2 and blow the bolt out of the hole. If you are good with a torch, you can do this without even hurting the threads. Run a tap through it to clean it up and you are as good as new.