HybridZ

How do ya do fiberglass

Ok ive seen fiberglass sheets and resin and such . Nowif i have a skeleton laid out say for a dash i assume i lay a fiberglass sheet over it secured of course and coat it with resin ? The do i add more sheets ?

How do ya get it smoth enough to paint ive seen people use bondo over fiberglass . im looking to make a dash and center console i can build a frame out of balsa wood very very light weight its just the other half im wondering about

Jason

Here's a link to start you off.paperclip.gif

Custom Fiberglass dash progress.

Search a bit. Terry O (BlueovalZ) explains his methods in several threads.

Years ago he actually explained to me on the phone how to do his floral foam method (back when you couldn't just get his hard earned knowledge for free on the internet). You've got the basic idea. Personally, I would make a mold, to keep the part as light as possible. Go to your local bookstore and find a book on the subject that explains it in a way that makes sense to you. "RaceCar Fiberglass Construction" is one, there several other good ones. I've seen a few websites that detail the methods very well too. There are a couple of ways to make FG parts, it all depends on how crazy you want to get with it.