HybridZ

another hybrid, Baja bug with VG30 power

OlderThanMe

one thing is if you run boost any higher you have to convert to the VW "bus" tranny which takes some fabrication to mount but nothing hard...

I have always wanted to get my hands on a VG30dett and put it in the back of a bug with a built tranny. 300hp with a roof mounted snorkel and twin turbos in a 1400lb bug would be fun...plus you could go where jeeps can't go just from getting sheer speed and bouncing over and big humps...

You can get an adapter plate and get your flywheel modified to mate to a VW type trans for like $400...Not too bad in my book. Maybe once I get out of college I'll build one and modify the tranny to have a front output shaft to put an R180 up front and make it a 4x4 that is ultra light and still can go really fast on the street...with bigger offroad tires

just me thinking out loud.

...and modify the tranny to have a front output shaft to put an R180 up front and make it a 4x4...

Well I know that they made a few "synchro" VW Bus so rear engined 4WD vw transaxles do exist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember when I was a kid, I saw, in one of my dad's kitcar mag, a kit to mate the VW tranny with a 13B engine, imagine a 13Bt in a bug, that must be interesting.:icon14:

here is a different ecotec powered bug thread... Just as nice :-)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118809&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

here are a few vw baja sites

www.vwbaja.net (hybriders that use the 2.3 ford and 3.0 honda motors)

www.heckermachine.com ( more cool car stuff up there with all those crazy oregon guys like BRAAP and rontyler...)

www.blindchickenracing.com (awesome tube bender plans and 2.3 turbo ford users)

www.thesamba.com (generic vw site, check out the off-road section)

www.volksrods.com (Definitely not purists...a couple of watercooled motor swaps as well)

Verry nice, could be a fun weekend escape vehicle.

Just trow everything on the big ass roof rack and run for the wood, keep pushing untill you can't go any deeper without cutting down threes and set camp. Have a nice peace and quiet and come back on monday. HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! That's life.

• 2 weeks later...