HybridZ

2nd gear breaks traction at 30mph!

v80z

I still consider myself a noob at most of this hotrodding stuff. I am sure many of you have experienced this. Up to the time I put the world product heads on and got a decent tune going the car needed a little dump of the clutch to get the back tires to spin.

255/50 16 welded 3.9 diff Muncie 4spd.

I have been doing some driving since the new heads and tune, working out the bugs and also some suspension stuff. I have felt a difference in the power. Yep still waiting on my Holley.

Tonight on the way in to work after the oil had warm I stuck my foot in it with the clutch fully engaged in 2nd gear at about 30 mph. She started to accel and then as the cam got in the sweet spot she broke traction in a straight line!!. Oh JOY What RAPTURE. I heard the angels singing. I have been driving the car about a year now but this is my real first taste of what Hybrid Z is all about. Mind you I am over 2 years on this project.

So I got an appointment with the dyno This Monday at 1:00 pm.

Thanks

... She started to accel and then as the cam got in the sweet spot she broke traction in a straight line!!. Oh JOY What RAPTURE. I heard the angels singing.

It's what makes the wait so worthwhile. HybridZ = Smiles per gallon!!!

Davy