HybridZ

The ZXR and roll bar progress

frank280zx

Well they speak for themselfs .. it wasn't the best weather for good pics.. and well the time was short lots to do

enjoy, please feel free to comment

100_1882.JPG

Nice with shadow of me in it and random interior parts slinging around in the car :)

100_1879.JPG

Side of the car, wing still has to be installed, the 280zx logos still held in place by tape

100_1889.JPG

The cage after 4 hours of cutting, measuring welding and notching

100_1898.JPG

Weld detail of the left support beam

100_1890.JPG

Another angle ...

so much more to do!

well have fun!

Thanks! its 55 mm tubing that is 2,5 mm think (chromoly) it was professionally bent by a friend who is a cage builder so to speak, and i do think that is half the quality, next to that i have paid attention to them building cage in pro cars, and looked at what my friend xander did to get around the pro tools we lack compared to our friends shop.

Lots to do before im done though. details and structural ( diff suspension exhaust) but im enjoying that i can finally start installing my collected goodies!!

BTW the welds aren't brushed cleaned yet, i will see if i get to painting it tommorow

haha well i still toy with a super turbo idea... it will have some sort of forged induction and Ms(hopefully spark at that point too) next to that i want a handling car .. so suspension mods and brake upgrades for track use would be more important that the rawest power at first ( reading this it all of a sudden makes sense to only go dragging budget wise)

Anyhow looking forward for some good times. Anyhow feel welcome to drop by. We euro guys need to stick together to come up with ways to find our stuff.

Yes it is welded to the tower on 3mm plate, not bolted in., Ill have to see if i can paint today ill shoot a pic .. it will either be black, or gunmetal ( i think it will be black as i have nice 2k paint that wont flake as easy from banging stuff to the bar, or movement of the harness.

Lots to do before im done though. details and structural ( diff suspension exhaust) but im enjoying that i can finally start installing my collected goodies!!

Yeh you start to feel like you are getting somewhere at last when the good bits can be bolted on permanently. It just so happens I've started work on the cage in my S130 too.

OK here it is, basically a half cage, the 'door bar' design is not my ideal choice but a compromise for road legal cabin access reasons. Anyway within the legal constraints I'm happy with it, should stiffen the chassis quite a bit, not that the 280ZX coupe is floppy chassis wise.

mypic81.JPG