HybridZ

Dedicated NO2 fuel tank location?

WHP

I'm going to do this very thing. I'm replacing the stock fuel tank with a 16 gallon fuel cell. Other than the obvious, this has three side benefits.

1) allows more room for dual exhaust

2) leaves room on one side of the main cell to mount a small (1-2 gallon) dedicated fuel cell for supplemental fuel

3) leaves room on the other side to mount the N2O bottle

The N2O bottle and smaller fuel cell will be mounted above and inuslated from the exiting exhaust.

I'll be using alcohol with some Marvel's Mystery oil for my supplemental fuel for it's super-high 150 octane and cooling properties. I "might" try kemco Oil's leaded octane booster also. Since pure alcohol is already 150 octane, that may be a needless expense.

Well... it's a good idea to keep this in mind for any car :) Even with RWD cars, the weight distribution on the rear tires effects launch ability. Then of course there's the whole handling issue.

On cars intended to compete solely in straight-line quarter mile runs it makes sense to bias the weight to the rear wheel that sees the most power.

I can't remember which tire sees more power at launch... the right???

My car will be mainly street (not daily driver) with infrequent drag strip and track days, so weight dist. is important, although a one gal cell even full is rather insignificant. I am considering relocating the battery behind the passenger seat with an approved battery box and putting the cell under the hood. Any other bright ideas?