HybridZ

Gun guys..I finally got my first rifle!

b__sosick

I know it's kid stuff to you guys but I finally got a "real" gun of my own. It's a wee little 410 gauge Single action shotgun. it looks roughly like this. (i'll get actual pics up later)

BRZS411220CSlg_t.jpg

I've shot plenty of guns before but I've never owned one until today. My actual grandfather came and visited down from north carolina (my dad's step dad is who i've been around all my life and have sort of always had as my "actual" granddad) who was a North Carolina state trooper for 20+ years. He has a pretty respectable gun collection I'd say. I guess he decided I'm big 'nuff to handle one now (Just turned 17). He also gave my dad his Colt .45 Revolver which I think is beautiful.

Anyways my dad has a 20 gauge and some other rifles so maybe he'll let me shoot the big'uns! haha. Thanks for lookin!

It's always cool to have a firearm you can call your own. Unfortunately they are like almonds; you can't have just one :D This is a good start for you and should provide you with a lot of fun. Treat your gun with respect and keep it clean :2thumbs:

Davy

That ss 410 was the first gun I owned as well. I remember being scared as hell to shoot it (I was like 13). They are great little guns for rabbit/squirrel/snake hunting. I actually tald the wife last night that we are going to pick one up from wally world in the next few days so I can teach her how to shoot. We were just informed by our neighbor that he has run someone off twice now that hes caught snooping around my house. I work nights and with the wife here with the kids alone.... well, you cant be too careful these days. YES it will have a trigger lock and the shells will be locked away.

• 2 weeks later...

bump

here's my 410 single action shot gun

man that thing is fun lol!

DSC01281.jpg

sorry if the pics are big but i don't care it's my thread and photobucket's bandwidth

me shooting: DSC01280.jpg

my dad:

DSC01279.jpg

our shooting range hahaha

DSC01277.jpg?t=1164844193

one day im going to get my hands on some big 'uns and get some range in!!!

YES it will have a trigger lock and the shells will be locked away.

Well, the wife and kids can tell the bad guys to wait until they find the shells and load the gun before he comes in.

Just don't try coming around my place at night uninvited and snooping around, I have a round in the chamber and pleanty more where that one came from.