HybridZ

New Home

Phantom

Finally arrived in Yakima, WA after 5 days on the road ducking snow storms in the Suburban with the Z n tow. Over two thousand miles over the Rockies and through some truly nasty weather in some of the most beautiful country.

I'm holed up in an Apartment for now about three blocks from my new job but my wife and I have done a house hunting blitz the past four days and have an accepted contract on a home on the north side of town. It is on 4 acres of land next to a golf course complete with it's own spring fed pond that Pacific salmon spawn in each year after coming up the Columbia River. The house is about 2600 square feet with a detached three car garage. The garage has a barn attached to it that has another two car garage and then two single stalls and a shop. Above it all is a finished apartment complete with shower, etc. Not sure yet what I'm going to do with seven bays but I'll definitely work on it:-D We don't close on it until December 8th so I'll have to wait until after that to get some photos to post.

It also turns out that my realtor is a founding member of the Yakima Sports Car Club and he's already getting me hooked up locally. It's all good.

Yes, there is Renegade Raceway just a few miles out of town.

I grew up in Boise so I'm good with the NW. My wife, Chris, who has never lived up here loves it so much so far that she feels like she's in wonderland.

Make sure u drive up the coast, there's ALOT of good driving and things to do.

It is on 4 acres of land next to a golf course complete with it's own spring fed pond that Pacific salmon spawn in each year after coming up the Columbia River. The house is about 2600 square feet with a detached three car garage. The garage has a barn attached to it that has another two car garage and then two single stalls and a shop. Above it all is a finished apartment complete with shower....seven bays...

ROCK ON! :rockon: Dude! I think you scored on that house---sounds like a dream house to me!! I'd love to have a detached 3 car garage, yadda yadda yadda. Congrats on scoring that one and keep the little woman happy through it all.

I'm not sure how I could convince mine that we "need" all those bays and stuff :D You done good.

Davy

Davy,

Actually my wife wanted the place worse than I did. She absolutely fell in love with the house which is completely loaded with very high end features but it is also on a spring fed pond that is a pacific salmon spawing ground each year. The place is remarkably beautiful and only 10 minutes from my work, 50 minutes from the White Pass Ski Resort, about 35 minutes from Whislin' Jacks Resort, and within an hour of 44 different vineyards. Then again, I got word from my realtor today that there may be a problem with water in the crawl space. I'll find out one way or another tomorrow when I make the rounds with the home inspector.

I have also been amazed at the number of Z's I've seen around here in the week I've been here. Even saw a black S30 today that had a supercharger intake sticking up through the hood.

I have also been amazed at the number of Z's I've seen around here in the week I've been here. Even saw a black S30 today that had a supercharger intake sticking up through the hood.

yea, alot of Z's ended up in the NW. There was a ton for sale within the past couple months, but i'm still looking for the right one.