HybridZ

Anyone tried these type of motor mounts?

• Administrators

A word of caution with that style... all the engine (and some transmission) loads will now be acting on the frame rails. In the stock configuration, the crossmember handles the bulk of the (engine) loads, avoiding nearly all of the stress on the frame rails.

If you're going to use that style of mount, I would recommend structural reinforcement of the rails.

I was thinking more of making the crossmember into a k-member by adding legs from near the center of the crossmember back to the TC buckets. Then attaching the mounts in a more vertical fashion to the legs but angled in some. This way the load is shared between the crossmember and the added legs back at the TC bucket. Sorry Peej but I'm not a fan of the cantilever design you got going there as it does not seem to be a very strong (unless your using some BEEFY stuff) or efficient load path IMHO.

Thanks

Cameron

A word of caution with that style... all the engine (and some transmission) loads will now be acting on the frame rails. In the stock configuration, the crossmember handles the bulk of the (engine) loads, avoiding nearly all of the stress on the frame rails.

If you're going to use that style of mount, I would recommend structural reinforcement of the rails.

Ron is correct. i neglected to mention my frame rails are 2x3 .125 wall tube.