HybridZ

Holset V band

KTM-EXC

HEY,

I just purchased a Holset H1C (see pics below), got a really good deal. I wont be installing it for a while, Im going to wait till my T3 is dead. I want to get everything ready for when I do install it. The turbo didnt come with a downpipe or anything so Im guessing I have to purchase a V band assemly seperately? The Turbine outlet is 2.5" so would something like this work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-V-Band-V-Band-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Clamp-Flange_W0QQitemZ120057010020QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks in advance for the help,

Rob

1_thumb.jpg

4_thumb.jpg

6_thumb.jpg

t3_thumb.jpg

Hope its easy with the H1C ..

the HY35W and the HX35W with the V-band is damn near impossible to find..

I searched for weeks without much luck.. cheapest was around $100

but it was a 3.75" V-band..

but yes.. buy the V-band seperatly.. if you have a downpipe simply clamp em together..

if not.. buy a V-band flange.. and the V-band clamp.. and weld up a DP

Savage I read a lot of info on some Bimmer sites about the H1C and H1E before buying this turbo. The E is like the next size up. The C is usually compared to a HX35. Im hoping you have some kind of crazy setup because the H1E is more suitable for a 800hp motor. The turbo I purchased has a 16cm exhaust and I think I read the E has something like a 25cm turbine.

I would have liked to go with the HY35 but there getting som damn expensive and I got a good deal on this one. I saw a HY with a good amount of miles on it go for almost $500 on ebay.

OTM, It may sound stupid but Im not sure what your talking about on the Compressor inlet, do you mean on the turbine?

sorry... Yes the turbine inlet.

Just the other day, my friend who is pretty good with fabrication was saying he thinks it would be pretty easy to fabricate an exhaust manifold, dont know how true that is. Maybe something could be made to utilize the split turbine housing?

Just the other day, my friend who is pretty good with fabrication was saying he thinks it would be pretty easy to fabricate an exhaust manifold, dont know how true that is. Maybe something could be made to utilize the split turbine housing?

Hmm... I have some manifold designs I made a while back. I am looking at building one once I finish my Longblock(could be quite a while). I'll se if I can find them.

I just put this motor in last week...it is a true barn find! I am sorta worried about the power though. I broke a motor mount from just cranking this baby up...It pushes 50lbs of boost right above idle...:-P

Guest 280ZForce

yeah, I've been to dodge dealerships to find a v-band clamp after the last shop stripped the bolt on mine and didn't tell me. No luck! You have to call a Cummin's dealer shop...and still pay around $45 I think for the clamp.

I ended up finding a somewhat local shop that sells stainless steel v-band clamps that I think are much better than the stock v-band and they have all different sizes. They have 1 3/4"-5".

Look at the middle chart for just the v-band clamp only...

http://www.burnsstainless.com/Hardware/Clamps/clamps.html

Hmm... I have some manifold designs I made a while back. I am looking at building one once I finish my Longblock(could be quite a while). I'll se if I can find them.

I just put this motor in last week...it is a true barn find! I am sorta worried about the power though. I broke a motor mount from just cranking this baby up...It pushes 50lbs of boost right above idle...:-P

Id really apreciate it if you could find some of those designs, that would be awesome, And 50PSI, thats nothing wait till ya really open it up, Those Tri turbo L40 motors are usually good for over 70psi all day long.:-D

Guest 280ZForce
Justin.. they dont have a 3.75" which is the size WE need .. for the HY or HX ..

wrong...

we need a 4" v-band...unless we are running different Holsets, but I think not. I'm using the 4" v-band from the website I posted and it works fine. Holds everything in place great.

Plus if you measure the oem holset v-band fully closed it comes to 4" maybe even a little more....how do you come up with 3.75"?

Here's a pic of the oem holset v-band w/ the # on it being ZI3 3535399. And it shows a little over 4" open and the difference is not much when fully closed.

Click to enlarge...

OEM v-band from Holset

th_IMG_2441.jpg

Shows the Burn's SS v-band clamp from the site I posted...

th_IMG_2442.jpg th_IMG_2446.jpg

Savage I read a lot of info on some Bimmer sites about the H1C and H1E before buying this turbo. The E is like the next size up. The C is usually compared to a HX35. Im hoping you have some kind of crazy setup because the H1E is more suitable for a 800hp motor. The turbo I purchased has a 16cm exhaust and I think I read the E has something like a 25cm turbine.

I would have liked to go with the HY35 but there getting som damn expensive and I got a good deal on this one. I saw a HY with a good amount of miles on it go for almost $500 on ebay.

OTM, It may sound stupid but Im not sure what your talking about on the Compressor inlet, do you mean on the turbine?

By anychance you haven't been able to find maps for either one of these turbos have you?