HybridZ

Pueblo video

Zmanco

I went along with a local group of 350Z owners to Pueblo Motorsports yesterday. Here's my first attempt at an in-car video. It was a great day, and a really fun track. I need to improve the initial turn-in, but other than that, she ran well, came home in one piece, and nothing looks to be worn or damaged (except the tires :))

http://media.putfile.com/240Z-at-Pueblo-Motorsports

With that L28 setup you were able to out accelerate the 350Z? Rad. I went to a stock turbo setup in my 240Z because it was cheaper than going your route. After college, when I make some money, I would love to turn my car into something like you have. Would you mind posting the specs on your motor?

It's all about the driver. The owners wife was at the wheel and it was the first time on the track for both of them.

It wasn't an all out race event. It was an informal HPDE put on by David Muramoto, the motorsport editor for nissan sport magazine. $100 for a full day at the track. All of which went directly to the track. 9 350z's, 1 240 and an audi suv made it out on the track.

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=11&Z=13&X=1319&Y=10597&W=3&qs=%7cpueblo%7ccolorado%7c

You have a habit of late turn-in, which can be understandable due to those dusty apex's. Also you're not using all of the track, you paid for it so use it all :-D Keep it up, you'll get better.

I have video from the 2004 Cannonball run at the turn onto the drag strip. Those vehicles were traveling at alot higher speed, so that made it interesting watching them keeping control of the transition from asphalt to drag strip.

You have a habit of late turn-in, which can be understandable due to those dusty apex's. Also you're not using all of the track, you paid for it so use it all :-D Keep it up, you'll get better.

I have video from the 2004 Cannonball run at the turn onto the drag strip. Those vehicles were traveling at alot higher speed, so that made it interesting watching them keeping control of the transition from asphalt to drag strip.

The pueblo track has been revamped a bit for the scca this year. curbing and corner station work. Ever since 2nd creek closed last yr, pueblo had to fix up the track for club use. All the corner had concrete apex curbing.

That is a fun track, high speed, elevation changes, one blind spot on the track coming up over a hill.

With that L28 setup you were able to out accelerate the 350Z? Rad. I went to a stock turbo setup in my 240Z because it was cheaper than going your route. After college, when I make some money, I would love to turn my car into something like you have. Would you mind posting the specs on your motor?
Just tripped across this thread again, for some reason I didn't get any emails that someone had replied.

JessZ: as Darrel said, she was not used to driving the 350 hard. But I will say that after comparing notes with a few of the 350z drivers, we agreed that coming out of the turns in 2nd gear, I was pretty much dead even in acceleration. I think they might have an edge at higher speeds due to aero factors though.

My engine is an L28:

- N42 block

- flat top pistons

- N42 head, gasket porting only

- 284/284 .480" cam

- triple webers

- MSD ignition

- MSA headers and 2 1/2" exhaust

Haven't been to a dyno since the rebuild so have no idea of power.

Daniel you didnt invite me! shame shame!

Hehe.. looks like a blast.. hows the new LSD working out?

Sorry Ryan, I wish I had!

LSD is doing great now that it's broken in and I've become used to it. I highly recommend it, just realize you're going to have to deal with a push on initial turn-in when on the throttle. I'll be working on improving that next spring.

Thats what I need, a camera mount. I'm tired of trying to hold the camera in one hand.
Mine is a Panavise 809. I think it was about $35 online. It's good for a smaller camera, isn't big enough for large one. Just mounts on the passenger window with a suction cup.

You have a habit of late turn-in, which can be understandable due to those dusty apex's. Also you're not using all of the track, you paid for it so use it all
This clip was from the earlier part of the session and I was still getting comfortable with my car at speed and the track. This was my first day out on a track after changing just about everything: springs, struts, brakes, engine, diff. My main goal was to have fun and drive it home that night. I agree, I watch it now and see so many things I want to do differently the next time I'm on it. And next time won't come soon enough! :)