HybridZ

Slow Progress

Car has been off the jackstands for a while now waiting for the coilover shocks which finally arrived today. Unfortunately I will not be able to do anything further until the weekend. Damn, hate when work gets in the way.

Here is the car on the ground at the desired ride height with 255/50-16 DRs mounted on 16x8 Z-28 wheels. Those wheels are only 17lbs/each.

z28-wheels.jpg

aldans.jpg

Guest Anonymous

That looks awesome Scottie! The rims look great on there, and those shocks look amazing. This is a sweet install. Very good! Can't wait to hear the results! (as I know you can't either! icon_smile.gif )

Regards,

Lone

Dang Scottie that is one sweet looking setup....I'm starting to turn a pale shade of green (with envy that is) icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing....are you going to be at the MSA WCNs? I wanna see that bad _ss ride, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna icon_eek.gif

Tim

Lookin good but now I'm Pi$$ off LOL... How much? Where did you get them? Are you going to make me drop my IRS out and narrow to fit all by myself or are you going to help me? LOL... Do you think they would fit on mine being an inch and a half wider then yours and are you putting them up in the normal rear housings... I don't like the way mine got mounted but they do work OK...

Can't wait to see the final out come of your upgrade...

Cyind,

more than happy to lend whatever assistance I can but I would not be so quick to want to narrow yours. The key is the dimensions of your wheels and the main dimension is the distance from the hub mount point to the outside edge of the wheel. The Z-28 wheel is 8" wide but has a 55mm offset meaning that there is only about 1.83" to the outside edge. If your wheel, e.g., is 16x9 with a 6" BS (typical of a Centerline), that would give you 3" to the outside edge. Switching to the Z-28 wheels would move the wheel/tire in about 1.17". Not meaning to suggest that you swap out the Centerlines for the Z-28s, but it is an option to narrowing the IRS. Personally, the Z-28 wheel looks good on a Camaro but on a smaller, sleeker car like the Z, I think it looks great and in the world of aftermarket wheels, it is a bargain.I would suggest you find a Z-28 wheel/tire for a quick trial fit, maybe from a friend or body or service shop that has one in for extended service.

Jeff, I am not thinking about running the car just yet icon_biggrin.gif, it will happen. I will be going tomorrow night to support a friend and there is a big import meet this Sunday that I plan to spectate (that will be painful). If you and Z-Gad plan on going, let me know.

Scottie,

Sunday sounds fun. I noticed that the gates open at 9:00 AM, what time are you going to make it there? I just read another post and it sounds like mattback may be there with his 300ZX. Sounds like the start of a gathering.

VERY nice Scottie - those wheels work VERY well I think. What will you do for the fronts now? Can you get something to match? Hrmph, if CVs don't fix my problem I'm going to be mighty tempted! Can't wait to see some new ETs on those puppies. I'm betting it really flies. Keep us posted, you should be proud of all that hard work!