HybridZ

Delta Cams awesome service (resurfacing datsun rocker arms)

Ivan280zt

So on monday I called Delta cams to see if they still resurface Datsun rocker arms. I talked to fella called John. He answered phone and right of bat I knew he was going to be plesent person to deal with. I told him that I would like to get my rocker arms resurfaced and I asked him what would be turnaround time once they recived mine. He said that they have them in stock so they would exchange them same day. I told him that was great so I would go and overnight him mine same day and I asked him if he could overnight them back. Now here is kicker. He said that overnight shipping would cost crap load money so he told me that they usually have core charge until they recive your parts but he was if you promise to send me yours I wont charge you anything. At that time I was like damn thats awesome!!! So I called him back few hours later from post office just to make sure I am sending my rocker arms to right place and he was like yeah thats right place and your parts have been already shipped out. So two days later I recive nice box that was packed so well that if I jumped on it I dont think that it would break lol. Parts look great surface is nice and smooth they pretty much look brand new and all that for $50 shipped : ) Now I can go and put my big Isky cam in this weekend.

Just a FYI, since I have changed motor types, I nolonger need my Datsun L6 parts I have horded away. I have a sealed container that I used to save rocker arms over the years with, I'd estimate, over 100 rocker arms in it...

If any of you guys need core rockers, for any reason, shoot me a email and I'll send you a set (at your cost for shipping of course :D)

joel

olderthanme,

I am sure that I can snap picture of them when I get of work they sure are picture worthy : )

J. Soileau RB26zcar,

Thats great man come to think of it I know for fact that Garrett needs few right now I belive thats the reason why his car is down at moment.

FWIW, last summer I had them regrind a cam and resurface rockers. I have been thrilled with the results. In fact, they told me what lash pads to order so I'd have those when the cam arrived. I really didn't expect them to be right, but I figured it was a good place to start so ordered a set from Courtesy Nissan. After checking the wipe and validating I was reading it correctly with the experts here, I put it all together. The lash pads were ok for all 12.

My valve train has been wisper quiet for over 2k miles now, and those have not been easy miles either. I highly recommend Delta Cams for anyone considering a bigger cam for a street driven L series. Much cheaper than the new cam route via MSA too.

They even threw in a free t-shirt! :)