HybridZ

Which one is better?

B20Badboy

I have a chance to pick up a 1983 280ZX Turbo and would like to know what the best motor swap for me would be

RB26

RB25

SR20

I will be single boosting any of these as well as far as which one I would like to know which would be the easiest and cheapest etc...?

I have a chance to pick up a 1983 280ZX Turbo and would like to know what the best motor swap for me would be

RB26

RB25

SR20

I will be single boosting any of these as well as far as which one I would like to know which would be the easiest and cheapest etc...?

The reason your getting so much flack is because its evident your DIDN'T SEARCH!!!! Easiest is a perception, cheapest depends on what your budget and goals are. Use the search function and the stickies of each related forum and if you're still having questions SEARCH some more, then if you're still having questions, well then you can ask a question. It'll make your stay much more pleasant for you and everyone else.

Best of luck SEARCHING!!

Tyson

Why do you want to swap out engines any way? Are you a 1/4 lover? autocrosser? Road racer? Or just want a sick street machine?

The turbo L28E you have now can make some sick power, 300-400 isnt uncommon. And its quite reliable as well. Any of the RB or SR swaps will run at least $4000+ at the minumum.

But if you want to be diffrent there are plenty of other great engines to swap in.

Bottom line its your car, all we can do is give advice.Unless you give us your CC info, then we can send you the right parts....

~Alex