HybridZ

ignition wires

mom'sZ

Well here's a real dumb a$$ question for you all, every set of ignition wires I've bought for an L-6 has one wire end that is ninety degrees and the rest are straight ends, which cylinder does the ninety degree one go on? And Why? what's it made to clear?

BTW, I took Paul's advice and bought some of those fancy Magnecor wires. They are not cheap, but they are nice. Just holding them in your hand you can tell it's no ordinary wire.

Well while I'm asking dumb a$$ L-6 questions... I bought some of those little copper gaskets for the oil pan drain plug. I figured it looks like a change it everytime you change the oil, one shot deal, kind of thing. So after thirty years it's probably time to get one. So... one side is smooth, one side has a groove so it can thread onto the plug. Which side goes where? I put it on smooth side first (seem to fit better) with the smooth side against the plug. Also, how tight do you tighten it? I assume it's supposed to crush some, but how much? It's soft copper, I'm sure you could mash it flat. (then what's the point) But I don't want the damn thing to fall out! (after all the stock oil pressure gauge is so accurate at reporting degrees of zero so you'd know the minute it fell out)