HybridZ

Christmas came early!

Two40MuscleZ

When I returned home this afternoon I had found an E-mail from Owen, telling me that my car was published in this months issue of Super Street. Apparently, they were at the Queen Mary/JCCS last October and snapped a shot of my ride. Although, this is not the first time the “Orange Crate†has been published, it was the first “American Publication†in a major magazine. I was very flattered.

BUILD UPDATE: One week following the JCCS, I managed to shear off a set of springs on the clutch and lunched my throw-out bearing into the fingers of the pressure plate. So, now was the time to upgrade to a Weir Hydralic Throw-out bearing, and race bellhousing. Along with this a CenterForce Dual Friction Racing Clutch, Pressure plate and Flywheel. With the engine out it opened up other challenges, so I smoothed out the inner fenders of all lap joints and spot welds. Primed and painted the engine bay. Renovated the old wiring and made a new one piece firewall. Last but not least, I had my headers Jet Hot coated to finish off the last detail on my engine. Hopefully, next week I will reinstall the engine and tranny, button things up, finish detailing a few last exterior body areas, and finally finish the paint. All this weather permitting. I will post PICS once I finish the paint. Thanks Owen for the heads up…good looking out! VAN

Naviathan: I didn't know you were a Kinesthetic person...one who needs pictures to visually understand! I know it's nice to have accompaning PICS, and it does make for a better presentation...but, most of the "original" Hybrid guys know me and the quality work I produce. "In progress" shots are all good and fine and buffer towards a finished piece. However, most Artists, Builders and the like don't reveal their project unit it is completed. Currently, I have 3 builds underway. All are Old School Hybrid MuscleZ cars. So, when the time is right, you'll see the unvailing. Until then, visualize and be patient.

• 2 weeks later...