HybridZ

Organic vs Metallic brake pads

Guest headshot

Guest headshot

so metallic will give better braking power...but with organic your rotors will last longer...and not stop you as hard...as for the sig...a guy i know says it all the time when people ask him why he has a 396 bored .060 over in an el cameno....i figured it was a good sig

I've had the best luck with Porterfields, as they are a carbon kevlar pad, which works well when cold and don't eat your rotors like carbon metallic pads. I've run Porterfields and Performance Friction and the Porterfields were much better...hands down! The PF pads were OK, but needed more heat to work, which wasn't always the best on a street car. I run my car on street, autcross, hillclimbs & track days.

Organic were standard on cars way back when.. They were replaced by Semi-metalic, which have been the standard up until recently.... Semi-metalic pads are now being replaced by Ceramic brake pads. Approximately 75% of cars produced in America in 2007 will be equiped with Ceramic brake pads.

The main differance is stopping power. Basically, Semi-metalic pads have a shorter stopping distance than Organic pads, and Ceramic pads have a shorter stopping distance than Semi-Metalic.

If you have the money, my suggestion would be ceramic pads.