HybridZ

Best Graphics Card for around $200?

timh

Can someone recommend a good graphics card for playing GT Legends or GTR2 for under $200?

CURRENT SETUP:

Dimension 4700 Series,Intel Pentium 4 Processor 530 with HT Technology (3.0GHz)

Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelator 900

Integrated Audio

around 1GB SDRAM at 400MHz (if I remember correctly)

Thanks.

Try to get a 512Mb card. I like the 8000 series from Nvidia or at least a 7800GTX. Do you have a PCI Express motherboard? Do you have SLI capabilities?

I like Nvidia because there software was always better. AMD just picked up ATI so hopefully the ATI software will be getting a facelift.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143071 slightly over budget at $239 but kicks a55.

24 Pixel Pipelines Baby!

I play GTR FIA, Richard Burns Rally, and the new RACE by SIMbin. all options full tilt with a single 7900GTX with smooth video.

• Administrators

I like Nvidia because there software was always better.

Agreed

AMD just picked up ATI so hopefully the ATI software will be getting a facelift.

We can only hope so.

Or if you have AGP and want to save a few $$$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143069

Thanks for the help. I do have a PCI Express board and I went ahead and ordered the BFG 7950GT from newegg. Am I going to be able to play both of these games with a gamepad or will I have to buy a steering wheel?

Thanks again.

Doesn't really matter, any card you get for around $200 will be at about the same performance level at any given point. I like to stick with PNY when I buy an Nvidia, because they started out as a memory company, and their video memory is usually really quick. With ATI go ATI built rather than "Powered by ATI".