HybridZ

5.0L PS Eliminator and Clutch Guard

rudypoochris

I am having a difficult time finding a powersteering dummy pully for the 1994 5.0L. Do they not exist? Do I not need one? I am not running A/C or smog pump either. Basically there is only the tensioner, crank, waterpump, and alt. I need something for the driver side of the block. Should I be looking for A/C eliminators instead? Also, I do not need a smog pump eliminator do I? Can I not just route the belt from crank up around waterpump to alt then to tensioner then to PS/AC then back?

Does anyone know what the box that goes over the T-5's clutch fork to keep water and such out is called? I am missing one of those and would very much like to have one.

Thanks a ton!

Guest QuantumDragon

The next step from the bottom two of those pictures is to eliminate the idler pulley and get a reverse spinning water pump so you can use that turnbuckle to tension the belt via the location of the alterator.

Yes, that's what I'm doing, but I didn't have any pics of it. I have the alternator bracket and turnbuckle from the top pic (sold individually if you like). Also, you would get a non-reverse rotation WP... the 5.0 is reverse rotation, but I get what you mean.

Guest QuantumDragon
Yes, that's what I'm doing, but I didn't have any pics of it. I have the alternator bracket and turnbuckle from the top pic (sold individually if you like). Also, you would get a non-reverse rotation WP... the 5.0 is reverse rotation, but I get what you mean.

Right, but just be wary. I heard that, just like you said, from the perspective of all mustangs, the 5.0 setup is reverse. You can't just order a regular non-reverse as it's designed for the v-belt cars; the older ones. As is, there is something different about total length or snout length or something IIRC. I think the pump to get is called a reverse-flow to differentiate?... Even though it ends up the same type of change.

This is what I did on my car: I removed the Air Pump and the AC. That left it with just the PS pump, alt, crank, Water Pump, tensioner.

I then just tooka piece of string and following the stock pattern, found out how long of a belt I needed, and went down to the parts store and found one.

So remove in pairs on one side, so that the direction of the belt stays the same.

So if you removed all 3, put the PS pump eliminator idler from Ford MS. Then you'll be able to use the same serp. belt and not have to rethink the whole setup.

They also make an AC eliminator and Air Pump eliminator, depening on what you take off.

Hope that helps.