HybridZ

Engine shipping

Twoeightnine

Ok here's the deal.

I got a quote over the phone as to the cost to ship 565lbs in two crates. One has an l28 engine and the other has a tranny. I got the engine weights from charts that I found here on the site. The dude says $210 to $295 depending on the overal size and if they are palletable or not. He did say that if it was deemed an oversize carton that it would be more.

Ok had the Misses go down to the docks to drop it off for a "dock to dock" (cheapest) shipment. $580 plus tax!!:shock:

This engine is going to one of our members and he has agreed to help with the shipping. That was ,of course, with the original estimate.

Got any ideas?

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=735

We shipped engines back and forth to CA from GA via Delta Air Freight. Put it on a pallet and build a box around it. Cost like $165, but the best part was you get something like a 3+ day, 2 day, or next day rate depending on what you want, but if you pick the 3 day and they happen to have room on a plane the same day or next it will go as soon as they have room. Usually same day in our case. The receiver has to pick it up at the freight depot at the airport though. Only downside.

Thanks all.

Delta? I wonder if they are still set up here in Amarillo?

Seems like they pulled out. Good idea however. I'll check with the other airlines for shipping. Going to do some major shopping.

Im glad the wife called me about it. She almost sent it!!

Oh by the way I looked at the invoice. $614.00 total!!!!

Oh no.....

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=735