HybridZ

My first piece of ``art''

thehelix112

Not entirely sure, I've never done glass etching. I've never done any art at all before.

Sparky,

She put the kit together herself just from bits and pieces. Basically some spray cans, a stencil cutting tool (kinda like a soldering iron with a really thin hot tip), some stencil sheets (translucent plastic that the tool can cut), and some canvases.

Dave

Hey,

The better half got me a stencilling kit for my Birthday over a year ago. This is the first thing I've done.

Dave, it looks pretty darn good to me. If you use an air-brush you can control the flow of the paint a bit more--this will help in doing T-shirts. Most durable T-shirt ink is part plastic or rubber and is applied with a sqeegee (sp?) through a silk screen. However, the big name low-brow artists of the '60's & '70's used air brush ink. I'm sure there is something more durable today. You can use this good design to make some & sell 'em. :2thumbs:

Davy

Well the glass etching that I did a few years back ivolved covering the glass object with a vinyl tape. Draw an image on the tape. With an exacto blade, cut out the design, exposing the glass only in the design area. Then you take it to the sand blaster and (as if you were painting) waft over the exposed area lightly. The blaster would scuff the exposed area frosting it. When one pulled off the rest of the protective tape, you would have your design etched in the glass. Got blaster?:D

Not entirely sure, I've never done glass etching. I've never done any art at all before.

Sparky,

She put the kit together herself just from bits and pieces. Basically some spray cans, a stencil cutting tool (kinda like a soldering iron with a really thin hot tip), some stencil sheets (translucent plastic that the tool can cut), and some canvases.

Dave