HybridZ

Color possibilities for 240Z w/ cf hood

Adam393

the hood in the picture is not flexing, it is lifting because the hood pins were not holding it down tight enough at high speeds... Since we have our hood vented because of the V-mount intercooler we havent had that problem since. The hood on our car is one of the first from Classic datsun about 3-4 years back. The raceonusa hoods do not bow or flex at all, we have them on a few of our customer cars and austins car in the previous picture (blue z with wats)

Ive also thought about blues, but for some reason i think Z's just look better in a red or orange color. But for the blues ive thought of are the 350Z Daytona Blue

02%20350Z%20Daytona%20Blue.jpg

, or the Skyline Midnight Blue (Some people call it Bayside Blue)

img_8730.jpg

Id frankly just rather have this car ^.^

While browsing IS300.net to find help for my car, i came across a color called Intensa Blue Pearl, which IMO looked great too

lexus_is_01_8N8_01.jpg

Also, what are ur guys feelings on painting the front and rear bumpers black, instead of leaving them chrome?

chrome - classic, black - agressive. Fiberglass bumpers are light, and cheap, and can be fitted easier to your car. I have a thing from chrome euros though.

RacerX i think most carbon hoods these days are jsut overlays, mine is. Beta Motorsports has a super nice all carbon hood, however you get what you pay for and its expensive!

This is a great thread.

I was considering painting my project Z an "OD Green" with CF hood.

I already have all my powder coating and exterior accents in black (in boxes :(

Seems there are a lot of silver and gunmetal Zs.

Black on CF would look good.

I think the OD Green might work too.

I've also tried to search for a really sharp tan with black CF hood and accents.

Gave me lots to think about.

Tj

This is a great thread.

I was considering painting my project Z an "OD Green" with CF hood.

I already have all my powder coating and exterior accents in black (in boxes :(

Seems there are a lot of silver and gunmetal Zs.

Black on CF would look good.

I think the OD Green might work too.

I've also tried to search for a really sharp tan with black CF hood and accents.

Gave me lots to think about.

Tj

Do u have a pic of OD Green? Ive also kinda been playing with the idea of a green car

my car is stock #240 colour dark green, and i will soon have black zg flares with 17" black centered wheels (the same style and size as what toecutter has), i think it will look awesome, but no cf bonnet for me :( however i would happily put one on my car if someone wants to donate one :D

Large2005-10-5%2189240Z.JPG

Quite an ugly 240SX:icon56: , but IMO this looks like a pretty nice green

The Work Equip wheels are all over eBay now, but they are almost always in 4x100 n the ones i saw in 4x114.3 had offsets designed for fwd cars

lol funny ricer S14:icon44: But yeah not only has Work started making them again but alot of companys that make fake imitation wheels have started to make them too. Like Drag or Rota, stay away from the fakes IMO