HybridZ

New toy

texis30O

Guest znow white

you sure thats a big enough rear view mirror :P haha i just noticed after viewing the interior the second time

good luck with the car I wanna see some videos of that I love the setup!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just talked to Sean at techline and their coatings for the Turbo X are good for 2000 degrees. Perfect for a turbo application. They don't remember working with Turbo Tom but you never know. This thermal application can come in a variety of colors so I think that I am going with black to look more stealth....Thanks for the link I will use them

O.k. texis300 and Geez:

You guys can have Houston, and everyone on I-45! I was downtown today(off Washington and Taylor), and I was thankful to get out of there at 2:00. I'll give you Dallas in exchange, 'cause I must say Houston drivers are 1000 X better than Dallas drivers.

So Texis, you don't want to go with the sky/baby blue? Tom is looking down on us, so I'm going with the blue!

Tom won't be happy with you!

David K

Hey, you really should take a look at Polydyn. It's local and less pain than shipping and possibly losing the items. My main concern when I shipped my downpipe to the Jethot factory in MS was FedEx losing it. I tied address tags around the damn thing and didn't sleep until I got it back. How do you replace it except to have someone hand build on a mock up?! Anyway this is my 2 cents on this subject.

Another subject is the turbo. When I burned the turbo TT put on the car originally, he said to get the replacement with the V2 kit which has a water cooled jacket. Problem was the new turbo moved the outlet about 1/2" toward the back and the inlet on the intake manifold no longer aligned. Anyone have a solution. I just forced the tubing on. It works but looks a little crappy.

O.k. texis300 and Geez:

You guys can have Houston, and everyone on I-45! I was downtown today(off Washington and Taylor), and I was thankful to get out of there at 2:00. I'll give you Dallas in exchange, 'cause I must say Houston drivers are 1000 X better than Dallas drivers.

So Texis, you don't want to go with the sky/baby blue? Tom is looking down on us, so I'm going with the blue!

Tom won't be happy with you!

David K

You're lucky to get out of town on Friday at 2:00PM, especially as you approach Conroe. On Friday, it is sometimes 1 hr to go from the Woodlands across the San Jacinto bridge which is only 2 miles.

You got that right!

I scooted through the Woodlands with no prob. But, got into Conroe at car-dealer-row right at the RR tracks, and Mr 80 yr/old Buick man spanked a lady, which slowed me by fifteen minutes. I was glad to be that far from big H at roughly 2:45. Needless to say, I got back home here in Denton at 7:30, after the Dallas after 6:00 rush hour gauntlet(in the rain). Oh, I forgot to tell you, I was dragging a '57 Lufkin trailer full of empty bread baskets(i.e. Sunbeam, Roman Meal, Cobble Stone, etc.). A 240Z it ain't!

Even worse, I'm governed for 65 MPH! Excuse me while I get another Beer!

David K

Hey Texis, saw your buddies Harley dealership south of the Woodlands. I used to be into Buells big time. Check out my pix on Classic Zcar under dk240z. I've got pix of one of my old S1s.

Hey, you really should take a look at Polydyn. It's local and less pain than shipping and possibly losing the items. My main concern when I shipped my downpipe to the Jethot factory in MS was FedEx losing it. I tied address tags around the damn thing and didn't sleep until I got it back. How do you replace it except to have someone hand build on a mock up?! Anyway this is my 2 cents on this subject.

Another subject is the turbo. When I burned the turbo TT put on the car originally, he said to get the replacement with the V2 kit which has a water cooled jacket. Problem was the new turbo moved the outlet about 1/2" toward the back and the inlet on the intake manifold no longer aligned. Anyone have a solution. I just forced the tubing on. It works but looks a little crappy.

Geez

For all of us Texas TT guys:

http://www.majesticturbo.com/

don't want to pass on bad information.........I am thinking of painting the Z BLACK..........I will finish the last of it this weekend and have her up and running on Sat.

I'll give you a call Saturday, before I come out, if that's ok with you. Thanks for your help.

John

Okay so there were some set backs....

Motor turned over well.

No Spark.....

purchased volt meter, volt meter arced......returned voltmeter.....

No sound from the fuel pump....so I think it is bad,......I need to check to see if it is getting any power........

I was so anxious about it fireing up but I have to be patient...

ANY OF THE TURBO TOM GUYS.......

Info needed....what fuel pump are you guys using? I think I have a Carter butI am not sure....

Okay so there were some set backs....

Motor turned over well.

No Spark.....

purchased volt meter, volt meter arced......returned voltmeter.....

No sound from the fuel pump....so I think it is bad,......I need to check to see if it is getting any power........

I was so anxious about it fireing up but I have to be patient...

ANY OF THE TURBO TOM GUYS.......

Info needed....what fuel pump are you guys using? I think I have a Carter butI am not sure....

Nuts! I am running Holley Red fuel pump, but as you know I am having my own issues.

John

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!! Got her to turn over and idle for about ten seconds. So I know that she will run. The only problem is my fuel pump is not working. I am taking it off the car today and will have it up and running by the end of the week.......

Now all I have to do is go buy the race gas and drive it like I stole it.....I will need to check all of the gagues once they are operational so that I can see what I have to replace and keep........

Once she is on the road then I will start to do the rebuild little by little...suspension, brakes, interior ( dash, new auto-meter interior, Recaros, stereo, roll cage), wheels then finally paint last.

fuel pump would not turn on. got it fixed.ordered a new fuel filter.... that is coming in today. I am putting it all back together when i get home from work. I will start her up tonight. cleaned the drivers side up with a cutting pad and some product.......I just might stay with the original color paint........but who knows at this point. Iwant her on the road scaring the V-TEC shits around here.....

well the fuel pump works so well that my fuel lines that are dry rotted acted as sprinklers for the engine bay........I will have them back on the car by this afternoon...........she will drive today.....idle is a little high but everything seems to be operational. I think that I will replace what I have under the hood as far as hoses are concerned over the next few weeks for my own piece of mind.