HybridZ

Just bought a V8 240Z

Bry,

What is the weight of your car?

Do you have aluminum heads, water pump, intake manifold, etc.?

How did you weigh it to determine the weight distribution?

What transmission are you running?

Wheelman

car weighs about 2650lb, perhaps lighter as i have changed a few things since i lasted weighed it. i weighed it with truck scales accurate to within 20lb. to get the weight bias, i put only the front or rear axle on the scales. the engine is cast iron with the exception of the intake and tube headers. transmission is a HP 200-4R and is fairly heavy which helps move the weight backward. here is a link to my SSZ specification as it was many years ago: http://www.geocities.com/bry593/zspecs/zspecs.htm

-bry

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: The engine is coming along nicely (expensively) and I found a good trans. The interior is stripped down to bare metal and I picked up a cage from Autopower. The fitment is horrible with no interior in the car, and I don't like how the main hoop doesn't anchor to the rockers....guess I should've searched before ordering the cage. Autopower is of no help, so I've ordered a ProTools 105 bender and will be bending up a proper cage when the bender comes in. This set me back about a month. DHL has lost a few packages, and a couple companies have charged me for high dollar parts and shipped me chinese junk. My patience is running thin, so its time to put the car away for a while and take a break. I hate doing stuff like this on a deadline (in time for the first race of the season) because everything always goes wrong. More to come....

the weights you guys are giving are they with a driver?

w/o driver. originally the 240z weighed about 2350, so i have added around 300 lbs. this is not all engine and tranny. some of the weight is due to 18 gauge floor pan, custom sub frame connectors, second skin on rockers, custom rear valence, dual exhaust, custom seats..... etc.....

-bry