HybridZ

Need Weatherstripping!

Challenger

As I was pulling my Z apart I noticed that the vertical pillar in front of the quarterwindows had a samll piece of weatherstripping at the top. About 4'' by 2''. I checked with MSA and they had it in 2001, but not now. I was wondering first If anyone had some of these laying around or knew of a place that sells them. I tried finding Precisions website but cant find it? Anyone know the web adress for there home page? Mine are in terrible condition and I really need new ones.

Thanks

Derek

If you do a search, and if the search engine is feeling generous (a HUGE if), you might find a thread where someone posts the Mc Master Carr part number for generic weatherstripping that works for Z doors. It will save you big bucks over a kit.

Also beware of cheap kits. Not all of them fit properly. I wouldn't buy a set unless you read a post where someone said that specific brand worked for them.

MSA buys there parts from PRP. Msa didnt sell them anymore so I guess PRP doesnt sell them anymore.

Also beware of cheap kits. Not all of them fit properly. I wouldn't buy a set unless you read a post where someone said that specific brand worked for them.

Yeah Ive been sure to check out the kits I buy, I saw they had to retool all the door weatherstripping cause it was to thick. I was talking to Kim a Idaho Z car and he said to get 3 '72 240z door weatherstripps and cut them to fit on the 2+2 door. He"s working on a 2+2 and thats what he's doing so Ive got them in a box in my room.

Im gonna check to see If PRP makes it or might make it soon. Mabey if someone else needs this piece I talked about in my first post they might make it?

Thanks.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

in case you're still looking, go to blackdragonauto.com and look through their catalog for weatherstripping. They offer a 17 piece set for everything around 200. or maybe it was 180. anyways, it's a pretty good deal for tha tmuch weatherstripping, and that includes EVERYTHING, including the windshield seam stripping, and what not... go take a look, that's where I'm getting mine, prp doesnt seem like a good deal to me, and its impossible to find anything on their site. thezstore charges FAR too much, so I tried to find the best deal for myself, let me know if you go with it, as I haven't bought mine yet.