HybridZ

Low Oil Pressure

Wide260z

Ever sense i put my turbo motor in i've had unusually low oil pressure. At start up (cold start) Get fairly normal pressure, 20 to 30 psi idle and 60 psi high. About 10 mins of running it gets down to about 15 psi idle and 45 psi high. It worries me.

The only thing different about the oil system is an aftermarket oil line going to the turbo (pressure side). I put an oil cooler on but it was doing the same thing before hand. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Kris~

O Rly. Is there anyway to get that a little higher? I would feel safer with a higher oil pressure, I got the temp where I wanted it with the oil cooler. Does anyone know perhaps where to get an upgraded oil pump?

Thanks for the info Johnc.

Why do you want higher oil pressure? It absorbs horsepower, adds heat to the oil, and really doesn't benefit you at all. 10psi per-1000rpms was the golden rule for most applications, and they are going lower than that now...

Upgraded oil pump is the Turbo-Automatic Pump, or that same unit from Melling (in cast-iron)---but these aren't Chevys, "upgrading" is not really required.