HybridZ

Poetic Justice

dr_hunt

institutions aren't the place for children, families who actually give a damn and show some sort of interest and attention are.

I agree with that, but these kids were past that stage.. They needed proper counselling. Their parents/families had already failed them and it's up to the state to take over.

I agree with that, but these kids were past that stage.. They needed proper counselling. Their parents/families had already failed them and it's up to the state to take over.

I don't think any kid under the age of 12 needs any kind of counseling. They don't have the comprehension yet to fully understand what's going on. I think a proper foster home is more appropriate and a family that isn't afraid to tan their rear. Call the cops, go ahead. It's discpline so long as there's no marks.

Those punk kids could have destroyed everything that Doc had. It's good they didn't know about that full drum of alky!

Not only the new barrel of methanol, but the barrel of race gas, and a compressed oxygen cylinder properly stored. Literally guys I could have been killed has I driven up at the "wrong" time! These "kids" were trying to do some serious damage and the "system" let both them and myself down by doing nothing! These kid's families have already missed the boat and the kids were literally swimming in the ocean of doom and dispair, and were headed for a life of crime, jail and certain death.

Considering one in 5 or 10 households has a gun in it, the chances of getting shot while breaking into or valdalizing someones property is a very "real" prospect. Make no mistake about it, I could have shot each and every one of them and I did not because at the time I didn't feel like my life was in iminent danger.

Those kids are in a better place, the life road they were heading on wan't the right one. The seven year old that was a friend of theirs should do some serious thinking! The sad part of all of this is that they have all been over at one time or another playing with my boy, riding his go-kart, playing ball, etc, etc.

Oh, and you wonder why I have a gun safe, not just for theft protection! Multiple reasons, the most paramount is that my boy can shoot them all he wants, as long as I'm right there!

Agreed 100 percent. I did mention family/social problems insinuating neglect/abuse.

I throughly understand chemical imbalances and the effect on the mind, but for TWO 10 year olds to "off" themselves, there are issues with in the family that need to be scrutinized by the authorities.

I throughly understand chemical imbalances and the effect on the mind, but for TWO 10 year olds to "off" themselves, there are issues with in the family that need to be scrutinized by the authorities.

The authorities had the chance, could have arrested the juveniles for the felony crimes they committed (They chose not to), which would have resulted in a 60 day psyc evaluation at the state institution for boys which would have been presented to the courts for action, which could have been psyc treatment, counseling, removal from the home, etc, etc.

Like I said, the authorities (CYFD and the cops) let those kids down in the worst of ways! Probably too much paperwork for the cop to fill out!!

You guys have too much faith in the "authorities".

I can tell you first hand that short of undeniable and repeated physical abuse it is difficult to get kids taken away from parents. It is not a simple process. People lie and try to cover their tracks.

Kids do stupid things. I wouldn't be here today if I had crossed paths with some of you guys.

Guest Death69
You guys have too much faith in the "authorities".

I can tell you first hand that short of undeniable and repeated physical abuse it is difficult to get kids taken away from parents. It is not a simple process. People lie and try to cover their tracks.

just waht i was about to say. my cousin was just like those kids. he grew up in NY and just started being a complete dumbass. i remember him telling me he could jack me a car if i ever needed one when he was 9 YEARS OLD! they tried to take him away form his parents, but they couldnt. It is EXTREMELY difficult to do that if the kid doesnt want to go and has no abuse marks and whatnot. he was unfortunatly shot trying to break into someones car when he was 11, but i think its SOME parents now that just let thier kids do as they please, no supervision, no curfew, just let em do whatever they want